BECOME AN INT INSTRUCTOR
· The preferred route to becoming an INT instructor is for applicants to take the INT instructor training course in addition to having necessary qualifications and experience.
· Instructor training is available through select International Nautical Training schools. For more information about Instructor Training Courses email us at
· Candidates who hold instructor qualifications from other maritime organizations are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
· Necessary prerequisite qualifications and experience to instruct varies depending on the level and complexity of the course applied for.
· All instructors must be associated with an INT school to teach INT courses.
· Freelance instructors cannot teach without being attached to and registered with a school or schools.
· Instructors can apply to be approved to teach a range of recreational or professional trainings or combination of both if qualified to do so.
· Instructor certificates must be renewed every 5 years.
· Instructor membership must be renewed annually.
This generates the membership letter listing courses approved to teach.
Potential instructors must complete the application online and upload the requested documents.
The registration and application process will involve uploading the following, so please have these on hand before beginning the process. If documents are not uploaded we will be unable to process the application. If you have difficulty uploading documents please contact us at
· Current photograph (passport style face shot in either jpg, png or pdf format).
· Copy of Government Issued ID (passport, id card or driver’s license).
· Copy of any relevant currently held instructor qualification.
· Copy of any relevant nautical qualification(s).
· Copy of proof of sea time.
· CV (Curriculum Vitae) or resume of maritime experience (if applicable).
· Copy of current medical fitness certificate.